Alexander the Game


I'm happy to announce that you can download the game once again. In addition to that, I've managed to reverse engineer and rebuild the game's server. It's still lacking in some areas but it will get better with time. Simply gather some friends, create a lobby and off you go (hopefully). Expect bugs, crashes and coffee spills.

If you're curious about the inner workings of the actual server, comment down below. I can share some code snippets with explanations if enough people are interested.


I stopped supporting the bridge mod. It would take too much work to make it fair and usable in the multiplayer. I'll make a standalone link for the mod so you can still enjoy it in the singleplayer though.



Do not leave the game open when afk. For some reason it tends to eat up a lot of resources when not doing anything (some kind of a menu drawing bug).
This issue seems to dissapear during the actual gameplay.

Donations are welcome

ZIP Archive

MEGA: https://mega.nz/file/Ul9DQIJR#rfVKq-7DrnjpUS_uhNcaRXophBs_2RVs64DbJd7NtAM

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very happy that you actually did something with this game when Ubisoft didn't. Are you going to go further? I can't seem to get the bridge building working, but I have to admit you did a great job making the game stable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should mention that I exclusively play Skirmish and to prevent the game from cheating, I always play on islands.

      Delete